The Mosamat Budhiya Shiksha Nirman Sangathan (MBSNS), was registered under the Trust Act on 11th October, 2017. Though the registration is new, this educational initiative itself is born out of a ten year old struggle that started in Araria district of North Bihar. The struggle was a humble attempt to ensure that people’s entitlements under laws like the NREGA were met. In the process we committed ourselves to building a better world, “nyay samanta ho aadhaar aisa rachenge ham sansar!”
However, even in the early phase of our struggle we understood that the struggle was as much within as outside. The hierarchies that we saw outside had made their homes in our hearts and minds. And we have in our own limited ways tried to keep our caste, class, gender, religion and minorities lenses on to ensure that we worked with justice in our heart and in our actions. This education initiative is to strengthen what we have instinctively known, as Dr. Ambedkar said “Shikshit Ho! Sangathit ho! Sangharsh Karo! Sangharsh Karo!”
The Trust was named after our local hero Mosamat Budhiya, read her story here.
- SUMMER AT THE CENTREJUNE – JULY, 2021 This is an update on May and June at the MBSNS centre. Along with the regular study, Dhyan, and sports, the highlights for this month included a workshop for children on understanding good and bad touch and a parents learners (facilitators and students) meeting.Focus on learning languages The Hindi Class –Continue reading “SUMMER AT THE CENTRE”
- INTERNSHIP 2021 – Appeal for FundsDear all, As the world begins to open up, and we slowly begin to return to a post-pandemic world, we are pleased to announce the return of the Youth Internship –a flagship program of the JJSS that has run since 2015. Sharing a couple of glimpses from past internships here. This internship is a uniqueContinue reading “INTERNSHIP 2021 – Appeal for Funds”
- Resources for the Libraryhttps://www.amarchitrakatha.com/shop/ https://www.eklavya.in/ https://www.tulikabooks.com/ https://prathambooks.org/ http://www.childrensbooktrust.com/ https://www.scholastic.co.in/ https://www.katha.org/ https://zubaanbooks.com/ Authors for children’s books: Ruskin Bond Dr Suess Asha Nehemiah Shel silverstein Sudha Murthy The four dozen odd books we already have with us, are listed below :
- April at the MBSNS JeevanshalaThanks to everyone’s support, despite covid, we have been able to make some progress. Keeping the covid protocol in place, eleven students are at the centre. There is no school to go to, but there is an able team of facilitators and care givers, from Abhimanyu, Mithun, Sangeeta and Shankar ji, who have been availableContinue reading “April at the MBSNS Jeevanshala”
- ART CLASSES AT THE JEEVANSHALAThe children also have had a few art classes where they worked on expressing their creativity through colours and lines. At the beginning of each class, students are given drawing prompts such a scenery or animals. Once, they were introduced to shapes (circle, rectangle, square and triangle) and asked to draw as many different everydayContinue reading “ART CLASSES AT THE JEEVANSHALA”